For peace of mind always carry an emergency kit in your vehicle.
Your emergency kit should include:
- a first aid kit
- battery jump leads
- a map for unplanned diversions
- a torch and spare batteries
- a blanket
- a reflective warning sign
- food and drink that will last
In winter you should also take:
- warm winter clothing (including boots) and a blanket
- ice scraper and de-icer
- a shovel for snow
- food and a warm drink in a flask
- a map for any unplanned diversions.
In winter you should pay extra attention to planning your
journey. Make sure your vehicle's ready for a journey in poor
weather, and consider fitting winter tyres or snow socks to your
At any time of year, think about carrying one or more ICE (In Case of
numbers on your mobile phone or in your wallet or purse. This
means that if they need to, emergency responders like paramedics
can contact people who know you, and potentially get important
medical information, as quickly as possible.